- Deadline to Register: May 1, 2023
- Check registration status here
- You must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania at least 30 days before the election (by April 1, 2023).
- Voting by Mail:
- Application due: by May 9, 2023, 5 pm (for receipt by county election board)
- To vote by mail in 2023, you must apply again, even if you have voted by mail before
- If you received an application but wish to vote in person instead, simply discard the application.
- You may cancel your ballot request here but if your ballot was already sent, you must bring it and its voter declaration envelope with you to your polling location if you wish to vote in person instead.
- Voted ballot must be received by county by May 16, 2023, 8pm
- In-person Voting: May 16, 2023, 7am-8pm
- Find your polling place.
- If you received your mail-in ballot but wish to vote in person instead, turn in your ballot AND the envelope with the voter’s declaration at your polling place.
- Want to protect the vote? Work at the Polls (students welcome!)
Voting by Mail – Step by Step
If you applied for a mail-in or absentee ballot online by the deadline (Tuesday, May 9):
- Receive your ballot by mail (check status here).
- Complete your ballot using the instructions included with it, making sure to fill in ovals on the ballot to make your selections – no X or check marks! See also: this helpful article.
- Insert your ballot in the privacy envelope and seal it. Be sure not to make any stray marks on the privacy envelope.
- Insert the sealed privacy envelope in the outer envelope (with the declaration printed on it).
- Make sure to complete and SIGN and DATE the declaration as directed in the instructions.
- Use a drop-box location (see below) to cast your ballot.
- Check ballot status to determine if your county has received your ballot by May 16.
- If your ballot has not been received by the county by May 16, you can vote in person on May 16 by either:
- Turning in your ballot AND the envelope with the voter’s declaration at your polling place (preferred); or
- Voting by provisional ballot.
- Concerned about missing a mailing? Sign up for informed delivery with the USPS.
Bucks County (enter your address using Ballotopedia)
Philadelphia (enter your address in atlas.phila.gov)
Ballot Drop-Box Locations
Cheltenham: Township Tax Office – 8230 Old York Road Elkins Park, PA 19027
Lansdale: District Court 38-1-28 – 430 Pennbrook Parkway Lansdale, PA 19446
Lower Merion: Ludington Library – 5 South Bryn Mawr Avenue Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Norristown: Montgomery County Airy Street parking lot – Corner of Airy and DeKalb Streets Norristown, PA 19401
Norristown: One Montgomery Plaza – 425 Swede Street Norristown PA, 19401 – Starting May 6, 2023, this drop box will be available on the following schedule: Weekdays: 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. Saturday & Sunday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Election Day: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Pottstown: Montgomery County Office of Public Health South Hall – 364 King Street Pottstown, PA 19464
Royersford: 2nd & Arch St Parking Lot – Victory Park Parking Lot, 251 2nd Street Royersford, PA 19468 (near the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, home of the Royersford Farmer’s Market.)
Skippack: Montgomery County 4H Center – 1015 Bridge Road Collegeville, PA 19474
Upper Dublin: Upper Dublin Library – 520 Virginia Drive Fort Washington, PA 19034
Upper Frederick: Green Lane Park Office – 2144 Snyder Road Green Lane, PA 18054
Upper Merion: Upper Merion Township Building – 175 W. Valley Forge Road King of Prussia, PA 19406
Upper Moreland: Willow Grove Annex – 102 N York Road Willow Grove, PA 19090
Voter Services satellite offices will be available during the following days and times:
Lansdale County Office: 421 W. Main Street Lansdale, PA 19446 – Available on Saturday April 29, 2023, and Sunday May 7, 2023, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Magisterial District Judges Office of Lower Merion: 925 Montgomery Avenue Narberth, PA 19072 – Available on Sunday April 30, 2023, and Saturday May 6, 2023, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Montgomery County Office of Public Health Pottstown: 364 King Street Pottstown, PA 19464 – Available on Saturday, April 29, 2023, and Sunday May 7, 2023, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Willow Grove Annex: 102 N. York Road Willow Grove, PA 19090 – Available on Sunday April 30, 2023, and Saturday May 6, 2023, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Norristown: Voter Services Office One Montgomery Plaza 6th Floor 425 Swede Street Norristown, PA 19401 – Available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Saturday April 29, 2023, and Sunday May 7, 2023, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Secure drop-off boxes are available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. from May 6-16, 2023 unless otherwise noted. All locations will have voter education staff present.
Current Ways to Cast a Ballot in Pennsylvania
- In person at local precinct, voting on a paper ballot on Election Day
- No excuse mail-in ballot voting
- Absentee ballot voting
- In person at county voter services – counties are now permitted to open satellite voter services offices as well, if they have the resources.
|PHILADELPHIA COUNTY||(215) 686-3943|
|CHESTER COUNTY||(610) 344-6410|
|BUCKS COUNTY||(215) 348-6154|
|MONTGOMERY COUNTY||(610) 278-3275|
|DELAWARE COUNTY.||(610) 892-0641|
Join our Facebook group: Citizens for Better Elections
Find us on Twitter @cbelections
The header image for this site is a photograph by Justin Grimes, licensed under the Creative Commons by-sa license. We use it with gratitude.